1. Introduction and General Terms
Finalchoices.co.uk is a business asset of Final Choices Publishing Limited. Our registered office is Final Choices Publishing Limited, 84 Crantock Road, London, SE6 2QP.
In order to provide you with the full range of Final Choices Publishing Limited services, we are sometimes required to collect information about you.
- what information Final Choices Publishing Limited may collect about you;
- how Final Choices Publishing Limited will use information we collect about you;
- when Final Choices Publishing Limited may use your details to contact you;
- whether Final Choices Publishing Limited will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal information you have provided to us;
The website (finalchoices.co.uk) contains hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These third party websites have their own privacy policies, including cookies, and we urge you to review them. They will govern the use of personal information you submit or are collected by cookies whilst visiting these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
2. What information will Final Choices Publishing Limited collect about me?
When you sign up to participate in or receive a service from any Finalchoices.co.uk website, such as newsletters, free document downloads, live chats, message board commenting, or register with the online registration system used across different parts of Finalchoices.co.uk, we may ask for personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, e-mail address, postal address, telephone or mobile number or date of birth. Different web pages may ask for different personal information.
By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable Final Choices Publishing Limited and its partners to provide you with the services you select.
3. How will Final Choices Publishing Limited use the information collected about me?
Final Choices Publishing Limited will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- for "service administration purposes", which means that Final Choices Publishing Limited may contact you for reasons related to the service you have signed up for, as set out in paragraph 4 below (e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service has been suspended for maintenance);
- to contact you about a submission you have made to the website, including any content you provide.
- to personalise the way Finalchoices.co.uk content is presented to you (e.g. if we notice that the first thing you look at when you visit the website is 'End of life planning', then we may present this information or a link to similar relevant content on your homepage or profile page);
- IP addresses are used to identify the location of users, the number of visits from different countries and also to block disruptive use; and
- to analyse and improve the services offered on Finalchoices.co.uk. e.g. to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience.
- to deliver newsletters and marketing materials that you have subscribed to.
Where Final Choices Publishing Limited needs to use your personal information we will obtain your consent first - through explicit instruction via active opt-in fields during the registration/newsletter signup process and via confirmation email. We will use every reasonable effort to safeguard your personal information. You also have the option to withhold your information by written notification to us.
Final Choices reserves the right to cleanse its database of personal details left during the newsletter sign up process if a registered email address is found to be temporary, results in soft or hard bounced communications or is found to be inactive, to the effect that correspondence from Final Choices remains unviewed or unopened, for a period of 6 months.
4. When will Final Choices Publishing Limited contact me?
Final Choices Publishing Limited may contact you:
- in relation to the functioning of any service you have signed up for in order to ensure that Final Choices Publishing Limited can deliver the services to you;
- where you have opted in to receive further correspondence;
- in relation to any contribution you have made to Finalchoices.co.uk, e.g. in the site’s commenting and community;
- to invite you to participate in surveys about Final Choices Publishing Limited services (participation is always voluntary); and
- for marketing purposes where you have specifically agreed to this (see paragraph 5 below)
5. Will I be contacted for marketing information?
You have the option to decline to receive marketing information from us by choosing the relevant check boxes during the registration process, or retrospectively by unsubscribing from newsletters or marketing materials via the clearly labelled links at the bottom of the email or by “opting out” with written notification to us.
6. Will Final Choices Publishing Limited share my personal information with third parties?
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) or as described in paragraph 7 below. We will only share your information within Final Choices Publishing Limited. However, sometimes Final Choices Publishing Limited sends marketing materials on behalf of third parties (companies that support the work of Final Choices), you will only receive emails that you have subscribed to. Final Choices Publishing Limited will require these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions.
7. Offensive or inappropriate content on Finalchoices.co.uk website
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to Finalchoices.co.uk, or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on Finalchoices.co.uk, Final Choices Publishing Limited may use your personal information to stop such behaviour.
Where Final Choices Publishing Limited reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any of the laws of England or Wales (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), Final Choices Publishing Limited may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, school e-mail/Internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
8. What if I am a user aged 16 or under?
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian's permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information to Final Choices Publishing Limited's website. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
9. How long will Final Choices Publishing Limited keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant service, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with Final Choices Publishing Limited. In the case that you wish to cancel your registration as a Finalchoices.co.uk member, once an account is deleted a red flag goes on the database and, while people cannot use the personal information, it stays on the system for a period of one year for administration purposes before being deleted automatically.
Where you contribute to Finalchoices.co.uk, Final Choices Publishing Limited will generally only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted. However other areas (e.g. commenting) are likely to have a longer, or even permanent, duration.
10. Can I find out what personal information Final Choices Publishing Limited holds about me?
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information Final Choices Publishing Limited holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files. You are required to provide 2 pieces of photographic identification and an administration charge may be incurred for the process.
Please address requests to the Data Protection Officer, Finalchoices.co.uk, Final Choices Publishing Limited, 84 Crantock Road, London, SE6 2QP.
12. Cookies Policy - Information Final Choices Publishing Limited collects from you
a. What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer or mobile phone (referred to here as a "device") browser from a website's computer and is stored on your device's hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser's preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites. Many sites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows.
Cookies record information about your online preferences and allow us to tailor the websites to your interests. Users have the opportunity to set their devices to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. The last of these means that certain personalised services cannot then be provided to that user and accordingly you may not be able to take full advantage of all of Finalchoices.co.uk features. Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
Information supplied by cookies can help us to analyse the profile of our visitors and help us to provide you with a better user experience. For example: if on a previous visit you went to our End of Life Planning channel, we might find this out from your cookie and highlight relevant information on your second and subsequent visits.
Final Choices Publishing Limited,
84 Crantock Road,
Tel: (020) 7034 1900